Weekly reflection #3

The last full week at the course was surely and exciting one. This week I got the chance to take on more responsibility on the course and it’s very freeing. Craig had me doing certain jobs like opening the driving range and picking the range all on my own. It’s a really great feeling to start to become apart of things. With any job it takes time to become part of the staff and learn everything that your going to have to do. I got the chance to see some new things as well as keeping with the old jobs.  The course had a busy week with tough light league, lakes region championships, and the first big outing of the year.
Twilight league is the courses adult weekly league where pairs of two go out every Tuesday night for three weeks hopefully to win in the end. It’s not the most labor intensive event but it involves things like USGA handicaps and other factors that have to be worked out by Craig and Aaron in the pro shop.
We also had our golf championship for the lakes region. It was a long but fun day playing eighteen holes for the first time in a tournament this season.
The course also hosted a charity outing called the Black Fly Open. 120 people attended and it was an interesting day. I caddy in the summer and most of the jobs I had to do today were familiar to me because of my prior experience with it. My jobs were fairly simple, just drive around picking up bags from people cars, and stocking golf carts with waters, tees, and scorecards.
Senior project has absolutely flew by and I can’t believe it’s already my last week working here at the course. I wish it could be longer but I’m really happy with the amount I got to learn here and I’m very grateful to all the course staff who took me under their wing, showing me how they do there jobs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog